Who is responsible for safety? …Each and Every One of US!
Each of us creates the workplace we call MHC…
We all `OWN` our Culture :
Ask. Learn. Talk about it… be INVOLVED! Contribute in a Positive way.
Why should we care about our Culture?
– We want safety to be at the centre of all we do, protecting our patients and staff.
– Thousands of errors occur each year in Canadian Hospitals, many are harmful to patients, some are fatal and most are preventable.
– Many workers are injured each year on the job – we want to prevent this at MHC Patients want their care to be safe and we all want to work in a safe environment.
– Safety depends on communication.
– Communication depends on trust.
– We all want to feel valued.
– We want to be able to recruit and retain employees to MHC.
– We want a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from our efforts.
– Help create a Culture focused on Safety…
– We can only do it together: We all `OWN` our Culture…
Does MHC Care about Safety? You bet we do!
Preventing incidents, reporting errors, working safely and effectively, contributing to an open, friendly & supportive working environment…
That is Job #1. We all `OWN` our Culture We build it, together…
What can I do? How can I make a difference?
– Know your work processes.
– Communicate in a positive and friendly manner.
– Listen to Patients and respond.
– Observe, be alert, act.
– Work with your Joint Health & Safety Committee.
– Report unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
– Talk about errors with your peers.
– Be part of the improvement cycle.
– Share your knowledge with less experienced peers.
– Work well with others.
– Care and Make a Difference!
Help create a Culture focused on Safety…
We can only do it together: We all `OWN` our Culture…