Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Physical therapy is a division of health care that re-mediates impairments and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention. Manitoulin Health Centre’s physiotherapy professionals are dedicated to working with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and function.
Physiotherapists can improve client’s quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility
- Physical activity and overall health and wellness
- Preventing disease, injury and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions
For assessment and/or treatment, you require a referral from your family doctor or specialist.
Little Current: Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am—4:00 pm.
Mindemoya: Hours of operation are Monday & Wednesday: 7:00 am—12:00 pm Tuesday & Thursday: 7:00 am—4:00 pm. Friday: Closed.