What is primary care?
Primary health care includes but is not limited to:
- Disease Management and Prevention
- Disease Cure
- Palliative Care
- Health Promotion
Northeastern Manitoulin Family Health Team
Our Family Health Team, which is comprised of the 6 Physicians of Little Current Medical Associates, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 2 Physician Assistants, 2 Nurses, 2 Registered Practical Nurses, a Pharmacist, a Social Worker and a Dietitian, commits to offering quality primary health care in a collaborative setting.
What will the Family Health Team mean to me?
- Your family doctor will continue to see you during regular office hours.
- You will have access to other health care professionals within that Family Health Team, such as nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians and pharmacists.
- You will have access to a Family Health Team doctor during extended evening and weekend hours for urgent problems. If you see another doctor in your Family Health Team for treatment, your own doctor will receive documentation about the nature of your problem so that he or she will always be up-to date about your medical condition.
- Family Health Teams will be able to take advantage of specially funded information technology to organize your health information and share it securely with other health professionals.
- Family Health Teams are organized to offer you timely access to high quality primary care. Research shows that this access results in you being healthier, longer.
We have a group of 6 highly experienced physicians, all of whom are long-standing NOSM preceptors. You will spend time in ER, community and First Nations clinics and be guaranteed time off post call. The ER is attached to the clinic and hospital so there is always someone nearby to ask for advice or backup.
Remuneration is through the OMA Rural Locum Program which pays $825/clinic day plus travel expenses (within Ontario), travel days honoraria and accommodation. ER is supplemented through the Sessional Program plus extra benefits including HOCC, LTC On-Call funding, shadow billing and some ER procedures are fee for service. Your accommodations will be first class, with a fully-furnished waterfront condominium overlooking the marina.
Call us and speak to our Locum Manager Cathy Jeffery
Phone : 705-368-2450, Ext. 2759
Email : CJEFFERY@MHC.ON.CA
Or you can write to us at: Little Current Medical Associates, Box 549, Little Current, ON, P0P1K0.
Contact North Eastern FHT
15 Meredith Street East, Little Current, Ontario P0P 1K0